Monday 29 April 2013

A Graphic designers personal ethics discussion

http://www.davidairey.com/how-ethical-are-your-design-practices/ quite an interesting debate on personal ethics and lines drawn by society and ourselves “If I was financially secure, and if I felt strongly about it, no, I wouldn’t take the client. If I wasn’t busy and needed the money, I would think about it …within reason. “Regarding cigarettes, I don’t think the design of a cigarette pack encourages people to smoke. It only encourages people who already smoke to buy different cigarette brands. Over 50% of the front of cigarette packaging says this product will kill you. If someone doesn’t get that message, quite frankly, they are beyond help. “Alcohol causes much more problems than cigarettes, and I have designed lots of alcohol packaging. Where do you draw the line?”

No comments:

Post a Comment